Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jennifer Fredricks - Final thoughts

The Last Day....one element I have found amid my travels is the way exploring another country brings us closer together. Our speaker at Sonda, when asked how his Purdue MBA helped him, gave a perfect answer. While many might have been hoping to hear how Statistics changed his company, or how Decision Analytics led to the turnaround he had needed, he gave the honest answer that is one of the most important facets of this experience.....the personal impact.

It's difficult to teach someone how to build an arsenal of intelligent sounding boards with varying areas of expertise and perspective....yet this experience has taken many of us from acquaintance level to a level of friendship that builds and expands our circle of influence that cannot be achieved through reading a book or writing a paper. For that, I am grateful for this experience. Yes, the wine was wonderful, the food amazing, the speakers insightful, and the yarn fantastic. However, the circle of advisors I take with me from this group are priceless. The knowledge I continue to gain from them and will gain in the future is the lasting legacy of influence that will continue to build excellence and leadership within the business world.

With that, one last day awaits us in Valparaiso...the llama and alpaca hunt continues, although I have learned that the North is far better for Alpaca. I am hoping for more yarn, even though it took two of us to close my suitcase! For those who have been reading this blog, I hope you have enjoyed our experiences....we will see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment