Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Jacinda Yerga's reflections

Buenos dias, most of you know that I started the program by making 90% of my decisions based on intuition. After concluding many classes in this esteemed MBAE program I am shocked to find myself thinking in a different manner. As we have all learned studies show that even simple decisions are better made using decision analysis. When Jennifer and I were walking through the wine tanks yesterday (see picture below) our professors would be proud of the model we recreated starting with the decision node and moving along the sequence of events telling a beautiful story of wine moving from point A to point B in the most cost effective manner. We of course laughed the whole way!

The two words supply and demand have been spoken by each speaker we have heard thus far. It is a simple concept but I studied economics vigorously and all the late nights are paying off. The graph is my friend one I intend to keep for a lifetime.

My hope and wish would be to also keep the rest of my cohorts as lifelong friends. I am having a great time with each person here and miss the rest of you. The Andes Mountains are beautiful, out of all the places John and I have traveled the wine and food is by far the best. John even mentioned retiring here. We learned that Chile needs education reform, maybe I will take Spanish lessons after graduation. Could you all see me in front of a classroom as a teacher?

Cheers, Jacinda

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you guys are having a great time. I am enjoying reading about your daily jorney and looking at the pictures. I hope you continue to have fun!

    Ryan Tedeschi

    ReplyDelete